Sunday 18 November 2007

Fold forming: the process

In my last post I mentioned the thrill of seeing my first attempts at fold forming taking shape. This set of photos was taken at various points along the way. I had my mind on the hammering and annealing and not the photography, so my apologies for the deficiencies in exposure and the inconsistencies in layout and scale. Click on the image for a larger version.

1. Just starting to hammer the folded pieces

2. After the first round of hammering, before annealing again

3. After the second round of hammering, before annealing again

4. After the third round of hammering, before annealing again

The back of each piece (not seen in these photos) is flat. Note how the slight difference in size between the two pieces, which arose from my lack of precision in folding, was retained throughout.

1 comment:

Natasha Smith said...
This comment has been removed by the author.