Saturday 10 May 2008

Multiple ripples

I mentioned in an earlier post that I wanted to make some earrings with more than one ripple link. Obviously there are lots of possibilities here, but I started by deciding that the curvatures on the links would be the same, even though their overall sizes would differ. It took only a couple of sketches to decide that making the smaller link fit in the top, wide part of the larger link worked well. Some back of the envelope calculations and I now have a starting point, and will be cutting the longer wire 1.5 times the length of the shorter one.


I'm also thinking about setting a stone in one of the ripple links. These sketches helped me decide on the location, but I'll do another series to be sure of the size of stone to use. Not sure how the setting will affect the hanging of the link though. This will probably be the last variation on the ripple theme that I try, as the necklace of links and the band ring should come first.

No comments: