Wednesday 9 January 2008

Review - Brief number 1: Origami with metal

Image created using Picasa and the Hockneyizer.

I introduced the first brief at Level 3 of my course in this post entitled Brief number 1: Origami with metal. At that time I didn't really think that what I'd be doing would bear much resemblance to origami. However, the technique that caught my enthusiasm was fold-forming, and the first few steps in creating a fold-formed piece involve folding the metal. Just like origami.

It took me a few weeks to get going with this brief and I doubt that anybody would want the outputs, as they look like the beginner pieces they are. However, it has been a vital building block in developing a useful set of skills and I think the techniques learned here are going to be ones that I use repeatedly.

No comments: